Quality Measures Development & Maintenance Contractor
Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality, Inc. (OFMQ) develops and maintains performance measures of healthcare quality for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
With over 11 years experience developing, testing and maintaining performance measures, OFMQ has an expert team of clinicians, statisticians and researchers who contribute to the national field of healthcare quality improvement.
We support CMS in its efforts to measure quality of care in the following ways:
- Developing and maintaining measures that are based on current evidence and guidelines
- Working with Technical Expert Panels who provide expertise and guidance on measure topics
- Supporting and educating the abstractors collecting the data
- Aligning common measures with the Joint Commission
- Analyzing measure outcomes and developing benchmarks
Under the CMS contract, we develop and maintain measures for the Hospital Quality Reporting Program in the inpatient and outpatient settings. The inpatient measures cover four topics: pneumonia, surgical care improvement, heart failure and acute myocardial infarction (AMI). The outpatient measures cover AMI care in the emergency department along with the timeliness of care provided in the emergency department and outpatient surgery. The measure specifications can be found in the left menu under ‘Specifications Manual.’