Since 1972, Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality has played an integral role in improving health care and improving lives in Oklahoma. An independent non profit organization, we serve the health community and the public through state and national partnerships that advance healthcare quality.
As the state-based Quality Improvement Organization (QIO), contracted through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), we provide in-depth quality evaluation and improvement programs for Oklahoma health providers and Medicare beneficiaries. We support the nation-wide QIO program in our role as National Coordinating Center, and we develop measures that are used on a national scale to help payers evaluate quality performance.
OFMQ is the Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (REC) for the state of Oklahoma. We are the only group in Oklahoma dedicated to working with providers on choosing and implementing an EHR system, reaching meaningful use and collecting incentive payments. Read more about the Oklahoma HIT Regional Extension Center.
With a unique mix of clinical, technical and analytic expertise, our dedicated professional staff works every day to improve healthcare and improve lives.
Our Vision and Mission
A Partner to Oklahoma's Health Community
As a collaborative partner, we offer expert consulting resources to Oklahoma healthcare providers and many healthcare organizations to improve the quality, safety and integrity of healthcare. We protect Medicare beneficiaries' right to receive high-quality health services, and we encourage patients, families and caregivers to engage in improving healthcare for everyone.
- Healthcare Quality Improvement Consulting
- Patient Safety Consulting
- Health Information Technology Consulting and Support
- Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis and Interpretation
- Quality Data Abstraction and Reporting
- Workflow Analysis and Redesign
- National Coordinating Center for QIO Program
- National Quality Measures Development and Maintenance
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medicare and Independent Case Review
- Utilization Review and Quality Assurance
- Retrospective Claims Review